2/3/2022 Release: SNG Tournaments, UI improvements, and more!
SNG continues to be our major development focus, with more features and polish to come.
Welcome to our Substack! We’ll use this newsletter to keep you informed of our latest product updates and community announcements.
First look at SNG Tournaments!
In addition to cash games, users can now create Sit & Go tournaments. Experienced poker players know that Sit & Go games are a popular and exciting alternative to cash games. For those unfamiliar, Sit & Go is a tournament style game where blinds are raised at a predefined rate (every five minutes for example), quickly raising the intensity and stakes as time goes on!
This is a first look at the feature, and we have a lot more to add (and some bugs to clean up!), but we are excited to get it out there and get your feedback.
To get started with a SNG Tournament:
- From your mob’s home page, click “Create Game”
- Select “Tournament” and schedule your game. Mob members will be notified that a new SNG game has been scheduled.
- When it’s time to join, click “Join Now”
- Enable audio and video, then choose your seat to get started.
Improvements to user video design
In-game user video is now larger! And in response to your feedback, we have moved the username from below the video display to overlaying the video for a cleaner look. Expect more improvements in this area as we strive for a first class social experience!
Bug fixes & other minor improvements
Even with the focus on SNG this round, we squashed several bugs, including:
- Game emails sent to the entire mob utilize BCC correctly
- Improved clarity of error message when registering with an email tied to an existing account.
- Login/register inputs no longer take up the full width of the screen.
- Invite friends via email flow now functions appropriately.
Things we’re working on & known issues
In addition to further work on SNG and user video design, here is a short list of known issues and improvements on our radar:
- Working on redesign of game activity feed/chat window.
- Adding more animations throughout the gameplay.
- Investigating occurrences of incorrect pot amounts, illegal bet sizing, and incorrect player rankings.
- Winner’s chip amount briefly shows as zero after winning an all-in hand.
- Clicking links within the game screen should not take the player out of the game without warning.
- Game results screen is showing dummy data.
We want your feedback!
Have an idea for a feature we should put on our roadmap, or notice a bug we missed? Join our community on Discord and help shape the roadmap!